WEB: Legal notice
INFORMATION SOCIETY SERVICES ACT
María Guadalupe Fernández Paredes, the Controller of the Website, hereinafter the CONTROLLER, makes this document available to Users in order to comply with the obligations set out in Information Society and Electronic Commerce Services Act 34/2002, of 11 July 2002 (the Information Society Services Act, LSSICE), and to inform all Users of the website as to the conditions of use.
All persons accessing the website acquire User status, and undertake to observe and strictly to comply with the conditions here set out, in addition to any other applicable legal provision.
María Guadalupe Fernández Paredes reserves the right to modify any type of information that might appear on the website, without any obligation to serve prior notice or to inform Users of said obligations, publication on the website of María Guadalupe Fernández Paredes being deemed sufficient.
- IDENTIFYING DETAILS
Company name: María Guadalupe Fernández Paredes
Trading name: Improving Translation
Domain name: www.improvingt.es
Tax ID: 50456064K
Registered office: Avenida de Oporto, 50, 4 – B, 28019 Madrid
We allow Users to access information about our services via the Website.
- PRIVACY AND DATA PROCESSING
- INDUSTRIAL AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Users acknowledge and accept that all content shown on the Website, and in particular designs, texts, images, logos, icons, buttons, software, trading names, trademarks or any other signs open to industrial and/or commercial usage are subject to Intellectual Property rights, and all trademarks, trading names or distinctive signs, all industrial and intellectual property rights over content and/or any other elements included on the site, are the exclusive property of the company and/or of third parties, who enjoy the exclusive right to use them in economic dealings. Give the above, Users undertake not to reproduce, copy, distribute, make available or in any other way publicly communicate, transform or modify said content, holding the company harmless of any claim resulting from a breach of said obligations. Access to the Website in no way entails any type of waiver, transfer, licence or total or partial assignment of said rights, unless expressly established otherwise. These General Conditions of Use of the Website do not vest in Users any other right of usage, alteration, exploitation, reproduction, distribution or public communication of the Website and/or of its Content, other than as expressly provided here. Any other use or exploitation of any rights shall be subject to prior and express authorisation specifically granted for this purpose by the company, or the third-party holder of the rights affected.
The content, text, photographs, designs, logos, images, computer programs, source code and, in general, any intellectual creation existing on this Site, in addition to the Site itself as a whole, and any artistic multimedia work, are protected by copyright under intellectual property legislation. The company is the owner of the elements comprising the graphical design of the Website, the menus, navigation buttons, HTML code, texts, images, textures, graphics and any other content of the Website, or otherwise holds the corresponding authorisation for the usage of said elements. The content arranged on the Website may not be reproduced in whole or in part, nor transmitted, nor registered by any information retrieval system, in any way and by any means, without the prior authorisation in writing of the aforementioned Entity.
A prohibition likewise applies to the elimination, evasion and/or manipulation of the copyright notice and any technical protection devices, or any information mechanisms that the content might include. Users of this website undertake to respect the stated rights and to avoid any action which could jeopardise them. The company reserves in all cases the right to employ any legal actions or measures to which it may be entitled in order to defend its legitimate intellectual and industrial property rights.
- OBLIGATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF USERS OF THE WEBSITE
Users undertake to:
- Make appropriate and lawful use of the Website and of the contents and services, in accordance with: (i) the applicable legislation from time to time; (ii) the General Conditions of Use of the Website; (iii) morality and generally accepted good practice and (iv) public policy.
- Have access to all technical requirements and means necessary to access the Website.
- Provide accurate information when entering personal data in the forms contained on the Website, and keep these updated at all times, in order to correspond at all times to the actual situation of the User. Users shall be the sole parties responsible for any false or inaccurate declarations made and any harm caused to the company or to third parties as a result of any information they might provide.
Notwithstanding the terms set out in the above subsection, Users must likewise ensure they do not:
- Make unauthorised or fraudulent use of the Website and/or the content, for unlawful purposes or effects, or any prohibited in these General Conditions of Use, in violation of the rights or interests of third parties, or any that could in any way harm, disable, overload, impair or prevent normal usage of the services or documents, files and all manner of content stored on any IT equipment.
- Access or attempt to access resources or restricted areas of the Website without fulfilling the conditions imposed for such access.
- Cause damage to the physical or logical systems of the Website, its suppliers or third parties.
- Introduce or distribute online computer viruses or any other physical or logical systems that would be liable to cause harm to the physical or logical systems of the company, suppliers or third parties.
- Attempt to access, use and/or manipulate the data of the company, third-party suppliers and other Users.
- Reproduce or copy, distribute, allow public access via any means of public communication, transform or modify the content, except with the authorisation of the corresponding rights holder, or where this is legally permitted.
- Eliminate, conceal or manipulate notices regarding intellectual or industrial property rights and any other data identifying the rights of the company or of third parties incorporated within the content, and any technical protective devices or any information mechanisms that might be inserted in the content.
- Obtain and attempt to obtain content, employing for this purpose any means or procedures other than those, in each case, made available for this purpose or expressly indicated on the web pages housing the content, or in general any typically employed on the Internet as not entailing a risk of damage or disablement of the website and/or the content.
- In particular, and purely by way of indication, on a non-comprehensive basis, Users undertake not to transmit, disseminate or make available to third parties any information, data, content, messages, graphics, drawings, sound and/or image files, photographs, recordings, software and, in general, any class of materials that: • In any manner would be contrary to, would undermine or violate fundamental rights and public freedoms acknowledged in the Constitution, in International Treaties and in all other legislation in force.• Would induce, incite or promote criminal, denigrating, defamatory or violent actions, or in general any violation of the law, morality, generally accepted good practice or public policy.• Would induce, incite or promote actions, attitudes or thoughts that discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, beliefs, age or status.• Would include, make available or provide access to products, elements, messages and/or services that would be criminal, violent, offensive, harmful, degrading or, in general, in violation of the law, morality and generally accepted good practice or public order. Would or could induce an unacceptable state of anxiety or fear.• Would induce or incite involvement in practices that would be dangerous, risky or harmful for health and psychological balance.• Would be protected by legislation regarding intellectual or industrial protection belonging to the company or to third parties, without authorisation having been given for the intended usage.• Would be a violation of the personal and family reputation and privacy or the personal image of individuals.• Would constitute any type of advertising.• Would include any type of virus or program preventing the normal functioning of the Website.
If, in order to access any services and/or content of the Website, Users are provided with a password, they undertake to make diligent use of it, keeping it secret at all times. They shall as a consequence be responsible for the proper safekeeping and confidentiality thereof, undertaking not to assign it to third parties, either temporarily or permanently, nor to permit access to said services and/or content by third-party individuals. They likewise undertake to notify the company of any event that could constitute improper use of their password, such as, by way of example, theft, loss or unauthorised access, in order to allow it immediately to be cancelled. As a consequence, until the above notice is given, the company shall be released from any liability that might arise out of improper use of the password, Users being responsible for any unlawful usage made of the content and/or services of the Website by any unlawful third party. Any Users who in a negligent or culpable manner are in breach of any of the obligations established in these General Conditions of Use shall be liable for any damages and losses that might result for the company from said breach.
No guarantee is given of continued access or the proper display, downloading or usefulness of the elements or information contained on the Website, which may be prevented, hampered or interrupted by factors or circumstances outside the owner’s control. María Guadalupe Fernández Paredes declines all liability for any decisions that might be taken as a consequence of access to the content or information offered.
The service may be interrupted or the relationship with a User immediately terminated in the event of evidence of use of the Website or of any of the services offered thereon in violation of these General Conditions of Use. We accept no liability for any damages, losses, claims or expenses resulting from use of the Website.
Responsibility shall exist only for eliminating any content that could give rise to such harm, as soon as possible, once notice thereof has been served. We shall in particular not be liable for any damages that might, among others, result from:
- interferences, interruptions, errors, omissions, telephone failures, delays, blockages or disconnections in the functioning of the electronic system, caused by deficiencies, overloads and errors in telecommunications lines and networks, or any other cause outside the control of the company.
- illegitimate intrusions through the use of malware of any type and via any medium of communication, such as computer viruses or any others.
- undue or inappropriate use of the Website.
- security or browsing errors caused by a malfunctioning of the browser or the use of out-of-date versions of said browser. The company directors reserve the right to withdraw any content or information present on this Website, in whole or in part.
The company declines any liability for damages and losses of any kind that might result from misuse of freely available services, and use by Users of the Website. The owner is likewise released from any liability resulting from any content and information that might be received as a consequence of data gathering forms, which are solely for the provision of services regarding consultations and queries. Meanwhile, if any damages and losses are caused by unlawful or improper use of said services, Users may be subject to claims brought for any damages or losses occasioned.
You shall hold the company harmless of any damages resulting from claims, actions or lawsuits by third parties as a consequence of your access to or use of the Website. You likewise undertake to indemnify against any damages and losses derived from your use of robots, spiders, crawlers or similar tools employed in order to gather or extract data, or any other action by you constituting an unreasonable burden on the functioning of the Website.
Users undertake in no way to reproduce the Website or any of its content, even by means of a hyperlink, without the express, written authorisation of the controller of the filing system.
The Website may include links to other websites managed by third parties, in order to assist Users in accessing information about partner and/or sponsor companies. In accordance with the above, the company accepts no liability for the content of said websites, nor is it in the position of guarantor or offerer of any services and/or information that might be offered to third parties via third-party links.
Users are granted a limited and revocable, non-exclusive right to create links to the home page of the Website, solely for private and non-commercial purposes. Any websites including a link to our Website (i) may not falsify their relationship nor assert that said link has been authorised, nor include any trademarks, designations, trading names, logos or other distinctive signs of our company; (ii) may not include content that could be deemed in poor taste, obscene, offensive, controversial, that would incite violence or discrimination on the basis of gender, race or religion, or be unlawful or in violation of public policy; (iii) may not link to any page of the Website other than the home page; (iv) must link by means of the address of the Website itself, the website performing the link being prohibited from reproducing the Website as a part of its site or within one of its frames, or by creating a browser over any of the pages of the Website. The company may at any time request the deletion of any link to the Website, following which it must be immediately eliminated.
The company cannot control the information, content, products or services provided by other websites that have established links leading to the Website.
- DATA PROTECTION
The company reserves the right to use “cookie” technology on the Website in order to recognise frequent Users and to personalise the use they make of the Website through the pre-selection of their language or more desired or specific content.
The cookies gather the IP address of the Users, Google being the party responsible for the processing of said information.
Cookies are files sent to a browser by a Web server to register a User’s browsing of the Website, if the User allows them to be received. If you wish, you can configure your browser to receive on-screen notification when cookies are received, and to prevent them from being installed on your hard drive. Please consult the instructions and manuals for your browser for further information in this regard.
Cookies make it possible to recognise the computer browser used by the User in order to facilitate content and offer browsing or advertising preferences corresponding to the User or demographic user profiles, and to measure visits and traffic parameters, to monitor progress and the number of entries.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
In general, the content and services offered on the Website are purely for information purposes. In the offering thereof, no representation or warranty whatsoever is therefore given with regard to the content and services offered on the Website, including, by way of example, guarantees of lawfulness, reliability, usefulness, precision, accuracy or marketability, except to the extent that any such representations and warranties cannot be excluded.
- FORCE MAJEURE
The company shall not in any event be liable for the impossibility of providing a service, if this is the result of extended interruptions to electrical supply, telecommunications lines, social conflicts, strikes, uprising, explosions, flooding, acts and omissions by the Government, and in general all cases of force majeure or acts of God.
- RESOLUTION OF DISPUTES. APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
These General Conditions of Use, and usage of the Website, shall be governed by Spanish law. In order to resolve any dispute, the Parties agree to the jurisdiction of the Courts for the registered office of the Controller of the Website.
In the event that any specification of these General Conditions of Use should prove unenforceable or null and void by virtue of the applicable legislation or as a consequence of a court or official ruling, said unenforceable or null and void status shall not make these General Conditions of Use unenforceable or null and void as a whole. In such cases, the company shall proceed to modify or replace the stipulation with another that would be valid and enforceable and which, to the extent possible, would achieve the objective and aims reflected in the original stipulation.